This year, the central theme focuses on a People First approach that leading companies will need to embrace to win in today’s digital economy. Companies embarking on a digital journey must empower their workforce to continuously learn new skills to do more with technology and generate bigger and better business results.
In the report, we have identified five powerful technology trends that are critical to digital success:
- Intelligent Automation: Leaders are embracing automation - powered by artificial intelligence (AI), robotics and augmented reality.
- Liquid Workforce: By exploiting technology to enable workforce transformation, leading companies will create highly adaptable and change-ready environments that are able to meet today’s dynamic digital demands.
- Platform Economy: Industry leaders are unleashing the power of technology by developing platform-based business models. These models capture new growth opportunities, driving the most profound change in the global macroeconomic environment since the Industrial Revolution.
- Predictable Disruption: Fast-emerging digital ecosystems are creating the foundation for the next wave of disruption, by straddling markets and blurring industry boundaries.
- Digital Trust: To gain the trust of individuals, ecosystems and regulators in this new landscape, businesses must focus on digital ethics as a core strategy; better security alone won’t be enough.
The Technology Vision 2016 plays a vital role in reinforcing a leadership position in the technology ecosystem and advancing as a world-class leader in technology and digital services. To learn more about our Technology Vision 2016 you can read the executive summary. Here, you can find a wealth of fresh insights, engaging stories and powerful graphics that bring our trends to life. For a summary in Dutch, see what Emerce wrote about the Technology Vision report.
In the coming weeks, we will continue to update you on our Technology Vision 2016. Use #TechVision2016 on Twitter to get involved and stay informed. Dig into the materials today and get ready to live the Technology Vision 2016!
Also, have a look at the other articles published in the series on Accenture's Technology Vision 2016.
- Digital transformation: People are the irreplaceable Read about the People-First approach in changemakers.
- In The Core of a Liquid Workforce: The Right Team at the Right Moment Geert Batterink and Martijn Smit explain what it means to have a Liquid Workforce and what it could mean for your organization.
- Michael Teichmann sheds light on how companies and consumers deal with digital trust: a complex relationship between transparency, security, collaboration and ethics in Ensuring Digital Trust in the Digital World.
- Martijn Smit discusses intelligent automation and the workforce of the future in: There it is: the true essence of Intelligent Automation.
- And in How can organizations survive in this Winner-takes-it-all World?, Geert Batterink sheds light on how companies unleash and utilize technology to ensure they are not left in the dust in the era of the platform economy.
- In this dynamic environment in which products have become a commodity, the question is which business models are still effective for banks and insurance companies. We shed light on predictable disruption in Predictable Disruption: How Can Financial Organizations Stay Ahead of the Game?