Internship: Leveraging Internet of Things (IoT) using Oracle
There are numerous digital advancements in the past years, like Cloud and Big Data, for which there is continuous and rapid evolution. The world is also seeing a huge increase in devices that are all connected to the internet, like mobile phones, medical equipment, factory machinery and even cars.
Enter the next frontier in the digital revolution, The Internet of Things (IoT). Which can help companies increase productivity, cut costs, offer new products and services and deploy new business models. This IoT ecosystem consists of data sensors, networks, cloud storage, applications and devices, all seamlessly integrated and “cooperating” to help business and clients manage their digital lives in a smarter way.
IoT promises to have endless opportunities for businesses in many areas. Oracle is also jumping on this new trend. With their commitment towards cloud solutions and their mature applications and platforms, it is very interesting to understand what value Oracle’s IoT solutions can bring to companies.
The central question in this internship is:
How can organizations leverage the Oracle IoT stack?
Other key questions:
- What is Internet of Things (IoT)?
- In what business domains or processes can IoT be leveraged?
- What IoT solutions are currently offered by Oracle and by other players?
- With sensors, devices, and storage getting cheaper, what trends will the IoT industry see
- What competitive advantages can Oracle IoT bring to organizations?
- Are there entry criteria before a company is ready to use Oracle IoT
- How can the solution be improved to tailor to the needs of clients
- Create a fact sheet that can help consultants aiming to implement Oracle IoT
- Describe the functionalities of Oracle IoT and test/demo these functions
- Construct an applicable use case containing functionalities of Oracle IoT that has a high return on investment (ROI) for business
- Apply this use case in a working demo that can be presented to relevant audiences
- Write a report on findings of the research to share with the Accenture Oracle practice
- The assignment can be tailored based on the student’s specific expertise or interest
Place in the organization
Accenture is one of the world's largest independent providers of technology services. Our Technology professionals lead and implement highly complex technology projects. Working with clients, they design, develop and deliver a wide range of challenging and global IT projects. These professionals may build, test, install and maintain software across a variety of projects and industries working with leading enterprise applications such as Oracle, SAP, Sales Cloud and PeopleSoft or with custom- built applications in the field of Analytics, Mobile, Cloud / SaaS and Digital. The position falls within the Oracle cluster of Accenture Netherlands. This cluster consists of the following two areas: Technology and Applications.
Are you the perfect candidate?
- You are a graduate student in a direction such as Business IT & Management or equivalent
- You have an interest in IT
- You are able to work independently
- You have good communication skills in both Dutch and English
- You are a team player
- You are eager to learn
What can we offer you?
Within Accenture, we offer you a work environment with a focus on your personal development, in which you will receive a lot of responsibility. You work together with talented colleagues from all over the world on challenging projects for the highest ranked international businesses.
- You will be guided by a team of experienced consultants;
- You will receive compensation and a laptop;
- You will gain knowledge and expertise of Accenture;
- You will gain experience within a large international consulting firm;
- You will expand your professional network.
- Period: 5 months
- Hours per week: 40
- Location: Utrecht: Flexible workplace (work among our colleagues)
- Start Date: September
We are looking forward to meeting you. Apply directly online through the button ´solliciteer online´ and send us your cv and application letter. For more information about this vacancy, you can contact Zhané van Limburg at telephone number 020-4938383 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
An assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Do you want to know more about a career at Accenture? Visit our website https://www.accenture-insights.nl/careers or follow us at www.Facebook.com/accenturenl.